relocate gnome files

mchaires at comcast.net mchaires at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 14:20:17 EDT 2011

My environment file is included below. I tried both HOME and GNC_HOME environment variables. I also tried it with Program Files (x86) in quotes. I'm on a Windows 7 machine and I can't find any trace files.

# environment
#
# This configuration file can be used to change/add environment variables
# during GnuCash startup.
#
# It uses a very simple syntax for this:
# <variable_name>=<variable_value>
#
# You can refer to existing environment variables in the new value by
# enclosing it in {}, for example
# NEW_VARIABLE={OLD_VARIABLE}_something
#
# When adding variables that hold a collection of directories (path variables),
# always use ';' to separate the directories. GnuCash will replace these with
# the proper separator for your operating system. For example:
# PATH=/some/extra/path;{PATH}
#
# Finally, GnuCash exports a number of environment variables itself you can use
# here as you see fit. They are read only. GnuCash will ignore any changes you
# make to them. These variables are:
# GNC_HOME the directory where GnuCash was installed. This is the base
#          directory of all the other directories below
# GNC_BIN  the directory where the GnuCash executable resides. This is
#          equivalent to {GNUCASH_HOME}/bin
# GNC_LIB  the directory where the GnuCash private libraries reside. This is
#          equivalent to {GNUCASH_HOME}/lib/gnucash
# GNC_DATA the directory where GnuCash specific additional data is stored,
#          equivalent to {GNUCASH_HOME}/share/gnucash
# GNC_CONF the directory where GnuCash configuration files are stored,
#          equivalent to {GNUCASH_HOME}/etc/gnucash
# SYS_LIB  the directory where the GnuCash public libraries reside. This is
#          equivalent to {GNUCASH_HOME}/lib

[Variables]
# PATH is used to find the finance::quote utility functions
PATH={GNC_BIN};{PATH}

# Tell GnuCash where to look for GnuCash modules
GNC_MODULE_PATH={GNC_LIB};{GNC_MODULE_PATH}

# Prevent embedded guile from issuing deprecation warnings
GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED=no

# Tell Guile where to find GnuCash specific guile modules
# GUILE_LIBS can be used to override the path to Guile's own modules
# GUILE_LIBS=
GUILE_LOAD_PATH={GNC_DATA}/guile-modules;{GNC_DATA}/scm;{GUILE_LIBS};{GNC_HOME}/share/guile/1.6;{GUILE_LOAD_PATH}
# Clear SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATH to prevent interference from other guile installations (like cygwin)
SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATH=

# Tell Guile where to find GnuCash specific shared libraries
GNC_LIBRARY_PATH={SYS_LIB}
LD_LIBRARY_PATH={GNC_LIBRARY_PATH};{LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
# The same, but for GnuCash on OS X
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH={GNC_LIBRARY_PATH};{DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}

# If you wish GnuCash to use a different language, uncomment the two parameters
# below and set LANG to your preferred locale
# LANG=nl_BE
# LANGUAGE={LANG}
GNC_DBD_DIR={GNC_HOME}/lib/dbd

HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\gnuCash