Deposit with multiple items

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 11:45:01 EST 2011

Did you see http://code.gnucash.org/docs/help/trans-multi-enter.html ?

That page seems to cover the topic exactly as you have described it, and that is how I do it as well. For what it's worth, I simplify this just slightly. Instead of copying the final total and deleting the extra line, I simply change the autocalculated amount at the bottom of the transaction to refer to the current account. When you leave the transaction, Gnucash should remove the blank line at the top, and I believe it reorders the splits as well.

David