Utility bills...

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 13:25:02 EST 2011

My utility company has historical data available on their website, along with numerous charting options. They also offer download to spreadsheets.

Aside from that, I think the spreadsheet solution is better overall. Use the best tool for the problem, IMHO.

If you really want to track kWh, create a new security for electricity that is not traded on a major board (the Type dropdown will accept user input). You can then trade "shares" of electricity, complete with adding price history data points.

David