"This post has NOT been accepted"

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 22:31:28 EST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-11-06, at 21:46, GreenLED wrote:

> I'm a little bit frustrated trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am
> trying to post in the "Dev" category and everytime I do, it gives me that
> message. I'm not new to posting in forums, but this seems to be something of
> a different nature. I already subscribed to the "dev" mailing list, so what
> gives? Plus, I get like 30 messages everyday from replies. I don't want to
> unsubscribe cause I want to see my replies I get. So, someone please help me
> with this. It's really aggravating.

There is no ‘Dev’ category or ‘dev’ mailing list. There is a gnucash-devel mailing list (not a web-based forum, but rather an email-based one) which you can subscribe to using a personal email address–say, your Gmail address. See https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel for how to subscribe. If your browser gives you a warning when you go to the above link, please ignore that. Also, for reference, the gnucash-user mailing list (the one we’re using now) is at https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user .

These links are two or three levels in in the www.gnucash.org website.

> One final note, I'm not sure how active the development team is. I'm not

Check out http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/timeline for a real-time list of all changes being made to GnuCash. Or even better, subscribe to the RSS feed with your favourite feed reader: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/timeline?milestone=on&ticket=on&changeset=on&wiki=on&max=50&authors=&daysback=90&format=rss

I think you’ll find development going on quite actively!

> saying they are or they aren't, I just am trying to find out whether I
> should post my "bug list" that I have compiled. This isn't something I just
> threw together - I've done a lot of work on application development, etc.
> and since I'm going into Accounting, I thought I'd put in some work into
> this amazing application you all have created and contributed to. So, if
> someone would let me know where I should or should not post my list, I would
> be more than grateful.

As Mike said, GnuCash’s BugZilla is the best place to post bugs. A breakdown of all GnuCash bugs by component and version: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GnuCash

Hope this helps,

Yawar