Is GNUCASH, in fact, unsafe....

Gregory Forster fgreg74 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 14:48:31 EST 2011

I have Avast 6.0 on a Windows XP SP3 Home machine and GNUcash 2.4.8 with
absolutely no problems at all.  I use Ad-Aware 9.6 on a Windows 7
Professional with GNUcash 2.4.8 with  no problems at all.  Both of those
are desktops.  For my laptop, I have Ad-Aware 9.6 and GNUcash 2.4.8 with
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium with no problems at all.  I also have
various "rescue"  anti-virus CDs with no problems about GNUcash. The
older Avast portable was known for false positives.   Ad-Aware and AVG
for 2011 and 2012 have very high ratings from many well known PC
Magazines. AVG 2012 even beat out several commercial anti-virus
programs.  I use to use Norman (not Norton) who I  think pioneered  the
sandbox technology (how a suspected file "behaves" that is not in the
definition database) used today by many anti-virus vendors.

Greg