Bank download

Alan Schold aschold at q.com
Sun Nov 20 15:57:44 EST 2011

I am setting up Gnucash to download my CC charges from BOA. I have read
help files and got info from the wiki, but I cannot complete the
process. I hope someone can give me some help. I _think_ I have all the
correct numbers. I am running version 2.4.6 on a PC with WIndows 7 and a
laptop with Windows XP.

I go through all the Online Setup steps, create a new user and enter
numbers. Pushing the button next to the "Bank ID" entry actually finds a
BOA branch.

In the OFX tab I enter what I believe to be server URL, but the "TEST"
button never lights up. (Significant?)

I check the "Supports Account Download" box and try to download
accounts. The "Requesting Account List" box appears along with a place
to enter my password. Upon entering my BOA password and clinking OK,
activity takes place in Requesting Accounts, but the box _rapidly
disappear_s. It happens so fast that I cannot read the several lines
appearing in the box. No accounts appear in the "Accounts" tab of the
"Configuration" box.

Thanks so much,  Alan