Spam:****, Re: Bugzilla

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Tue Oct 4 17:15:00 EDT 2011

> Are you offering to be a first-line triager of incoming bugs?

I very much doubt I am qualified, as when I read some of them I don't even understand what the writer is on about!  (I currently run Gnucash exclusively under windows, so anything specifically Linux- or IOS- related passes me by.  I only use a pretty basic subset of the things that Gnucash has to offer, so any issues related to databases other than SqLite, internet banking, investments, invoices, cheque-printing, scheduled transactions, etc etc etc also pass me by.

However, there are some areas where I might be prepared to volunteer - but I rather suspect that the priorities I might assign would be very different from what you or the rest of the Developers' team might choose!  For example, I have spoken in here several times about my very strong belief that reports are an absolutely central, crucial, part of an accounting system (on the grounds that if you can't easily get the data out in a meaningful form and format then there's bugger all point in putting it in!) and that several aspects of the current reporting system are barely fit for purpose, badly letting down an otherwise excellent product.  There are a number of currently unconfirmed bug reports in this area (some, but not all, submitted by myself) that clearly the Developers consider unimportant (or they wouldn't still be unconfirmed!), whereas I would classify them for immediate attention!

But I'm happy to talk about it!  :-)

Colin