Off topic- Intuit logging in to my bank account?- Conclusion (I

Nigel Stapley nigel at stapley.org.uk
Sat Oct 8 05:28:41 EDT 2011

I'm sure you don't want to drag this thread out much longer = but just
a thought from the UK. I use Barclays Bank, which has two ways to
access my account: Basic Access to do low level activities - view my
account, download data and PinSentry which enables me to do
everything. I have used auto-login with Moneydashboard to download my
transactions. This uses Basic Access to gain the information. There is
no information in common between the two means of access. If I were to
forget I had a Moneydashboard account (which I may do since I no
longer use it!!), or perhaps if it failed to close correctly the
auto-login would continue to log-in, presumably  indefinitely.

The fact that your account is being logged into so regularly suggests
it is an auto-login. The fact changing your password doesn't prevent
it suggests it is using another method. I cannot believe that your
bank would allow an auto-login full access to your account. Perhaps
there is simply an alternative method of logging in you set up but
have forgotten or overlooked?

Nigel