can't open gnucash file

suk wah bernstein sukwahbernstein at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 16:13:22 EDT 2011

okay i have restored the data file to the point of last month's recon. so
just minimal loss. no big deal. i think what happened was i didn't save
after entering transactions in the bank statement that are not yet in the
account register, as well as trashing the relevant log and lck, lnk files.

just to double reconfirm. the save icon is in grey and that means all data
in this account is saved, right? the save icon for  the account list is in
grey. that means all data in all accounts in this list are saved until i
open up an account and enter another transaction, right?

also i have set 45 days for log files to stay in finder. is that
recommendable?

i'm sorry if i sound repetitive. i did look through doc and faq. the entry
on backing up gc environment doesn't quite speak to my - paranoic, if i may
say so myself - concern. thanks so much.

respect
suk wah