Installing Finance::Quote

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Sep 1 19:51:06 EDT 2011

On Sep 1, 2011, at 10:39 AM, Martin Cunningham wrote:

> it seems xcode was moved to a new 'developer' folder that was created when i upgraded to lion. or perhaps it was there all along and i didn't notice. in any case it's NOT in my regular 'applications' folder. perhaps that's the issue. seems i should attempt to uninstall/reinstall xcode - your thoughts?

No, it belongs in /Developer/Applications. Not that it matters for this... the issue is the headers for ssl, which should be in /usr/include/openssl. You might check that they're there.

If they're not, it might be that you didn't include "unix development tools" (or something like that, I don't remember the exact wording from the installer) when you installed XCode.

Regards,
John Ralls