MT 940 import not working 2.4.10

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 16 16:00:03 EDT 2012

On Apr 16, 2012, at 8:25 AM, Loode Slot wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have just installed GnuCash 2.4.10 for MAC. I used to have 2.4.7 on a windows PC.
>
> I have a bank account at ING bank in The Netherlands and the import of the MT940 download into GnuCash did not work. I also encountered this problem with 2.4.7 on Windows PC. I used to solve this by changing the code of the file swiftmt940 in the map Files\gnucash\share\aqbanking\imexporters\swift\profiles. The code I used to solve this was:
>

> char name="SWIFT-MT940"
> char shortDescr="Generic SWIFT MT940 Format"
> char version="2.3.3"
> char longDescr="This profile supports SWIFT MT940 documents"
> int import="1"
> int export="0"
>
> char type="swift"
> char groupNames="transaction", "transfer", "debitnote"
>
> params {
>
> char type="mt940"
>
> int skipDocLines="3"
>
> However this time this does not solve the problem. I hope some of you can help me because I really like GnuCash especially with importing your bank account info……
>
> Thank you very much,

Are you using the application bundle from our website or MacPorts?

What file did you change? Did you actually change the version from 5.4.10 to 2.3.3?

Are there any useful messages in your tracefile [1] or in the console log (use /Applications/Utilities/Console.app to view it)?

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile