Understanding the 'transfer' list of options...

Expert_wannabe GnuCash at pubmenu.com
Tue Aug 28 07:03:54 EDT 2012

Firstly, a big thank you to both Colin and Maf for your replies.
I really appreciate it.

I've spent quite a few more hours 'playing' with this since posting.

Maf...
You mentioned that you put VAT items into somewhere and used 'split'
I would assume that if I put an expense into e.g Expenses:VAT
Purchases:Office, that it would automatically take 20% off and stick it
somewhere else for VAT purposes!!
Is that not the case? and if not, then do I have to do a 20% manual
calculation for everything I do and move it to separate accounts?

If I have to do that, then I'll probably go back to using Excel, it will be
easier.....

Thanks again
Larry.