Question regarding "REBATE" category.

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Aug 30 04:24:37 EDT 2012

On Wed 29 August 12 13:28:48 David Walsh wrote:
> Derek,
> Here are a couple of screenshots from the business account in question.
> Hopefully this might shed some light on the situation. Feel free to request
> any others that may help you to understand our dilemma. And thanks for your
> continued assistance. Cheers,David.
>

> --- On Wed, 8/29/12, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
> Nope, not helping at all.  If you chose Bank then the headings should be
> Deposit and Withdrawal.  Maybe you could post a screen shot?
>
> My questions are:
>
> a) What account register do you have open?  and
> b) What is the *type* of that account?
>
> You claim it's a Bank, but are you sure you're opening that bank account
> register?  Can you show us what you are seeing?

Hi David,

It looks to me as though the transactions in the Equipment Repairs expense
account are transferring to/from itself.

I'm supposing that you have paid for copier service, and that the money was
paid from your bank checking account.

Can you show a screenshot of the checking account (or which  ever bank/credit
card you actually used to pay for the copier service) on March 28th 2011 that
shows the other half of the first transaction in the equipment repairs
register?

Cheers,
Maf.