OO Base/SQLite

spotty albino jehelsby at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 26 08:00:02 EST 2012

Thanks to John, Jethro and am65 for your replies. Your input is very
informative.

John - I tried saving my gnucash data in sqlite3 and opening that file
(which had a .gnucash type) in OOBase. I tried the 'Open an existing
database file' and 'Connect to an existing database' options, neither
yielded results. Only the former lets you navigate to a file.

Do I need to prepare a database using the sqlite3 shell before I attempt
this?

am65 - I don't think the data issues will be a problem for me. My
reporting requirements are quite simple. Would you be able to detail how
you used sqlite3 and JDBC to connect to OOBase? I'm on OSX 10.6, does
this mean ODBC is an option for me?

I'm not making much headway with the sqlite.org documentation and shell.

Regards
Joshua Helsby