OO Base/SQLite

am65 amarquez65 at yahoo.es
Wed Dec 26 10:42:56 EST 2012

I have used GnuCash only in Windows and Linux and never had a Mac, anyway I
hope this helps you:

* To save your GnuCash data as a SQLite you need to install in your computer
the "libdbd-sqlite3" package (I don't know if it has the same name in Mac
OS). Then, in the save option you will have the option of saving it as "XML"
or "sqlite3". You don't need to create first the database, GnuCash will just
ask you for a file name and location and create if for you.

* You can download an ODBC driver for SQLite from here:
http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/. There is a version for Mac OS. In
Windows, after installation, you just need to create a new ODBC data source
(type SQLite3) pointing to the file created by GnuCash. Then you can access
it from OOBase.

*Regarding JDBC, I think I could not make it work with OOBase, I remember I
used it to try to access SQLite from BIRT, but found a lot of bugs and
discarded it.