OO Base/SQLite

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Dec 26 11:40:44 EST 2012

On Dec 26, 2012, at 5:00 AM, spotty albino <jehelsby at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Thanks to John, Jethro and am65 for your replies. Your input is very
> informative.
>
> John - I tried saving my gnucash data in sqlite3 and opening that file
> (which had a .gnucash type) in OOBase. I tried the 'Open an existing
> database file' and 'Connect to an existing database' options, neither
> yielded results. Only the former lets you navigate to a file.

Make sure that you can open the file and query it with sqlite3. I've not tried to connect to a sqlite3 database with LO Base, so I can't offer much advice beyond ODBC is a good approach if there's no direct driver available. You might have to build the ODBC shim yourself, though.

Regards,
John Ralls