claimable VAT from expenses, etc.

ST smntov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 05:46:24 EST 2012

Hi,

1) how can I set up GnuCash to automatically put VAT from expenses (not
bills!) into some sort of VAT_Claimable account. At the end of the day,
what I pay to tax authorities is: (VAT_Payable - VAT_Claimable)?

2) is there a way to define for each expenses account a portion of VAT
that will go to VAT_Claimable? For example I might be able claim 100% of
VAT spent on fuel but only 66% of VAT spent on car repair (since I use
the car also for private purposes)?

3) I have a small business with my partner, when we have to purchase
something for the business we do it from our own money but later when we
divide the profit we take into account purchases each of us made from
his own money. What is the best way to track this in GnuCash?

thank you in advance,
ST