problem in report generation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 23 10:15:20 EST 2012

Hi Preeti,

Please remember to CC the gnucash-user list on all replies by using your
mailer's reply-to-list or reply-all functionality.  That will allow
other people to answer your questions as well in a more timely manner.

preeti kabra <preetik04 at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes i m trying to prepare Profit and Loss a/c.I entered data as way
> suggests in tutorials.I m using Windows XP SP3.Plz tell me the
> complete process by steps for preparing Profit & Loss a/c.Illustrate
> with the example.I m new user for this software.
>   Thanx in advance.

All you need to do is:

1) Reports -> Income & Expense -> Profit & Loss
2) once the report page comes up, click on the 'Options' Button (it
   looks like a wrench)
3) Select the General page and set the correct Starting and Ending dates
   for the report.  Most likely you will want Start and End of previous
   year, but other options exist.  Select it appropriately.
4) feel free to look at other report options on other pages
5) click Apply or OK

At this point the report should show you what you need.

Enjoy!

And please remember to cc the list on any reply!

-derek