Best way to query for checks?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Feb 25 17:47:19 EST 2012

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 16:20:27 -0600
David Carlson <carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Liz,
>
> Because you are a resident of Australia, you may not realize that many
> Americans still use 'checks' to pay some bills.  'Checks' are not
> obsolete yet here.  Where would we be if we could not say "The check
> is in the mail."

I've still got some of those books in the drawer. My business account
cheque book is up to 440 after 11 years, with a sharp drop off about 6
years ago.
Sometimes I pay the ATO (tax) by cheque because I'm annoyed with them,
and cheque handling is manual for them.

Australians are very fond of electronic transfer in every form - if you
don't have an EFTPOS machine you need to put up a sign to say so because
customers expect to be able to pay with some form of plastic.

That's why I organised a patch for the Invoice Selection with the
Footer Invoice - we put two magical numbers called BSB and Ac in that
and expect the money to turn up in our accounts.

LIz