error parsing

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Feb 29 04:05:37 EST 2012

<bcvaughn at windstream.net> wrote:
> > Thanks for the quick response.  I tried your suggestion with several
> > versions of a .gnucash file.
> >
> > When I open the file the first time from the thumb drive, it always
> > opens without the error.  After I save the file, then try to open it
> > again from the hard drive or thumb drive, this error comes up.  I've
> > had to change from the linux version to the Windows XP version of GNU
> > cash. Could this be the cause?  If so, what is the proper procedure for
> > using a file created using GNUCASH for linux in GNUCash for Windows?
> What version of GC were you using on linux and which version are you now
> using on Windows?
>
> Colin

There are a few corner cases that can lead to a parse error on Windows.

To get a better idea of what is going on, can you post the contents of the
gnucash trace file that is generated right after the parse error ? Follow the
instructions in this link to find the trace file:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Error_messages.2C_Trace_file

Geert