Can GNUCash automatically select the appropriate category?

macaronic macaronic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 04:25:45 EST 2012

In my search, I didn't find any similar posts on this forum:  Can GNUCash
automatically select the appropriate category?  At some point, ESSO,
PIONEER, and SHELL are always going to go in the same category.

My memory is fussy but I remember either Quicken or Money "learning" what
went where whenever I imported transactions.  *If I've overlooked this
feature in GnuCash, could you kindly point me to it?*

Alternatively, is this a feature that may be added to GnuCash in the future?
User defined If-Then conditions would really speed up data-entry.