set up for dealing with employees expenses

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Jul 12 21:15:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, July 12, 2012 9:05 pm, tereque wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> I am managing accounting for our small company and need to find a good
> way to manage expenses done by employees. Can bee that in first moment
> an employee would use his own cash to do a payment (so it needs to be
> shown as a liability I guess).
> Later this money is being reimbursed to the employee, so this expense
> done has to be shown as went out from somewhere (lets say company cash)
> to an expenses account
>
> how would I setup accounts for this (in order to be doing the less work
> possible in showing this transactions)
> I would prefer that in the end the (liabitlty) account of the employes
> cash (that has been used temporarily) is being left out

This is exactly what the Employee Expense Vouchers are for.  Business ->
Employee -> New Voucher

Just set up a single A/P account (which you can share between Employee
vouchers and Vendor Bills).  When you post a Voucher to A/P that will show
the Expenses paid to the Employee (using either Cash, which would be
directly reimbursable via A/P, or via a Company Card, which would go to
that liability instead of the A/P liability).  Then when you process
payment it will show the payoff of the A/P liability from your asset
(Bank/Cash) account.

> thanks ...Bela

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745