Grand Total in Transaction report

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Jul 19 17:49:35 EDT 2012

On Thu 19 July 12 22:09:48 Sutton Hill Church wrote:
> Dear Maf
>
> I've attached a copy of the file for you to examine. For Data Protection,
> I've gone through the copy and changed the text in the descriptions.
>
> I've also attached a copy of a Report in PDF Format.
>
> Regards

Hi,

I can see exactly the problem you describe.  If you set the option [general] -
> Sign Reverses to None, the grand total becomes zero, which maybe makes more
sense!

Also, just reporting on Income account, (set [Display] Account Name and
[General] Style: Multi-line) also makes some sense to me.

I'm too tired to get my head around the root of the problem at the moment, but
it seems that the report is picking up the income twice.  I'm not sure that I
quite follow the sequence that you are trying to model in GC.  just so I'm
clear when I look at this with fresh eyes tomorrow, the process in "real life"
is something like:
Donor number 06 hands over a donation of cash in an envelope marked 06 (which
you have to track for claiming gift aid back)

The cash gets put into a bank? or is it held as petty cash and spent as
needed?

Cheers,
Maf.