Report export via HTML open by excel

Dodjie60 dodjiel at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 26 03:58:53 EDT 2012

Good Day,

I've been using gnucash since January 2012 in most of the company I'm
handling (Animation Company, Film Industry and Construction Company). Got
one minor problem. Original installation (debian) is Gnucash 2.4.9 -
2012/01/11 can export report via html and once opened in excel 2003, the
numbers (amounts) could be converted to numbers. Just put the cursor in the
cell , there is an option to convert the amount into number format.

I upgraded to GnuCash 2.4.10 2012-03-05 and this option of converting number
in excel no longer exist. I tried to downgrade again to the old version
Gnucash 2.4.9 and again this option could again be used.

Can anyone help me? Do I use the old version or there is a solution to this?

Sorry for my bad english.

Dodjie60