Foreign Share transactions.

Pandem pandem at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 28 06:04:18 EDT 2012

I followed the examples from the Gnucash guide Chapter 8 for Dividends
Re-Invested.
This works well for my local currency AUD but not if I use a foreign stock
in USD.
Instead of taking the amount to be reinvested directly from the
Income:Dividends… I used a separate Cash account. In some stocks in
Australia they hold a balance of cash that was left over from a DRIP
transaction as we only deal in integers of the stocks. This cash amount is
carried forward to the next DRIP transaction. I used ASX:QAN and NYSE:IBM.
The security editor I have added USD and the two stocks I used to test are
updated by the Price editor.
The structure of the accounts functions OK and the amounts the STOCK account
calculates is correct, so the amount transferred  between accounts is
correct. However it does not work when I use a foreign STOCK. The STOCK
account looks OK but the transfer from the INCOME account is never
completed. The Description in the Income account is correct but the value is
not entered into the income source account.
Configuration - Windows 7, Gnucash 2.4.1.  I have checked to see if this is
a resolved or current bug but cannot see much that matches what I am seeing.

Has anyone noted this behaviour?