Accounts receivable

Dean Gibson gnucash at ultimeth.com
Fri Jun 1 21:48:41 EDT 2012

On 2012-06-01 11:08, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Rule #2 should be:  Allow for corrections when importing a large number
>> of transactions from QuickBooks (as I did). (grin)
>
> You cannot import invoices, so that's irrelevant to this discussion.

Sorry, everywhere in my message where I previously stated
"accounts-receivable", I meant "accounts-payable".

I imported "bills" (QuickBooks terminology) transactions (see my message
on 2012-02-18 as to how I did it, if you are interested) into a GnuCash
account and marked it as an A/P-type account.  Those transactions in
GnuCash look EXACTLY like (eg, the "type" field contains "?") the ones
that are created when I reconcile a credit card ("CC) account in
GnuCash, and then use the resultant screen that posts the reconciled
amount to that "A/P" account.  This is the same procedure that I used in
QuickBooks.

Am I doing something wrong?  Should I not be posting CC reconciliations
to an A/P account?

>> ...  If I can't edit the A/R transaction directly, there should be SOME way to
>> fix errors.
>
> There is, depending on the error.  For invoices you can can unpost the
> invoice, make changes, and then re-post it.  For payments, however, you
> have to delete and re-enter it IFF the amount is wrong.

OK, that's reasonable.  For CC reconciliations, do I have to go back and
re-reconcile the CC account?