Finding or creating monthly and quarterly report forms

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jun 8 02:00:11 EDT 2012

On Jun 7, 2012, at 8:35 PM, trg_c4fmr at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> Please forgive me if my search has failed to turn up information on the request to follow.  I have not been able to find either the templates or tutorials I need.  We are new users of Gnucash and are creating an accounting system for a church.  We need to create, or find pre-existing forms for monthly and quarterly reports.  They may be "generic" and we can customize them if that's possible.  As posted on the website:
>
> GnuCash also comes complete with a full suite of standard and customizeable reports, such as:
>
> * Balance Sheet
> * Profit & Loss
> * Portfolio Valuation
> * and many others.
>
> Graphs and reports can be highly and easily customized in appearance and contents, in order to fullfill every user's need.
>
> Where may I find either the tutorials that will guide me through this process, or pre-existing forms that can be "Tweaked" for our purposes.
> Thank you kindly in advance for any assistance you can offer.

I guess the truth of that statement depends upon how much customization you need. If it fits within the built-in customization options for the existing reports in question, see
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.4/C/gnucash-help/Reports.html

If you need to create new reports or modify existing ones beyond what the built-in options provide, then it's not true. Programming is required, and it isn't easy.

Regards,
John Ralls