strange sorting behavior

Chuck Cox chuck at chezcox.net
Sat Jun 16 22:51:58 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM,  <gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org> wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 03:18:01 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Ian K <ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk>
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Subject: Re: strange sorting behavior
>
> I have noticed some odd behaviour importing transactions with the
> corresponding account register tab open, so I wonder if it may be related to
> your issue.
>
> - Do you have the register open when you import the transactions?

Yes. I believe it has to be in order to use the "Get transactions" function.

> - If so, is the sorting issue still there if you close the register and
> reopen it (as opposed to restarting GnuCash)?

Closing the account's register and re-opening it again had no effect -
the balances were still messed up.

> - If you import the transactions without the register being open, then look
> at the register, is the sorting issue there?

I don't know if there's a way to do this if you're having Gnucash do
the transaction download for you. I think you have to open the
register first, and then do Actions -> Online
Actions -> Get transactions.

Chuck