Implementing COGS in GnuCash for a small business

WayneM GNUCASH at WayneMunn.com
Mon Mar 5 14:49:28 EST 2012

Thanks for the input David.

I'm going to listen for some more input. I don't think I want any Expense
accounts decreases per se. The totals of the specific accounts should not
decrease just as, as I see it, my COGS does not decrease when I have sold
something whose costs are in COGS. It is just that the COGS will be a offset
against all the income amounts from the sale.

BTW, I tend to never carry any inventory. All work thus far is for very
high-end workstations and pricing is very volatile. Once I get an order is
when the parts buying starts.

Regards,

Wayne