How to move from Quickbooks to Gnucash? & Report question.

Garey Beck glbeck123 at att.net
Tue Mar 6 16:59:02 EST 2012

I just recently moved from QuickBooks to Gnucash. I kept books in both for
the last three months of last year, just to make sure I had the
functionality I needed in Gnucash. The worst part of the process for me was
manually entering in the same accounts and account numbers for the accounts
I use. After that it was just entering in beginning balances from the
previous months bank statements. Being a church, we do "fund based"
accounting with one physical checking account, but in Gnucash many
sub-accounts under the General Checking account. To me the changeover was
relatively painless and data input is faster in Gnucash.

I do have a question. Is there a way to make the fonts smaller in reports
when they print? Even though I change them in preferences, the size they
actually print does not change. This is true in Ubuntu and Windows Vista.
                      Garey