Facebook page

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Nov 6 17:44:43 EST 2012

On 06-11-12 17:49, Cristian Marchi wrote:
> I know, that was my mistake: I didn't check for an existing one when I
> opened the official page.
That's ok.
> I'm already in contac with the manager of the UNofficial page and I'm
> also an admin for it. That means I can merge the two pages but there
> are some cons:
>
> - all material in the page with less "likes" will be lost (comments,
> answers, images, news ecc...). Fortunately the likes will not be lost
> but merged.
Can part of this info be migrated manually (like the images, missing
news items) ?
> - the unofficial page has the name "Gnucash" and not "GnuCash" and
> that is not easy changeable. You need to request a name change to fb
> but is not sure it will be approved.
> - same as previous point applies to the facebook page url: the
> official one is https://www.facebook.com/GnuCash while the unofficial
> is not so simple.
The unofficial page has more likes currently. Would that mean that by
merging the official page will disappear, including its simple url and
"GnuCash" name ? And the the longer url would remain and the "Gnucash"
name ?

> At the moment I'm posting the GnuCash news to both pages waiting to
> merge them (I don't really know what I'm waiting...!)
How about waiting until the official page has more likes then ? To
stimulate this, the page info of the unofficial page could explain its
intention to get merged into the official page eventually and that the
official page is where to go for news and updates. Wouldn't that slowly
send more people to the official page instead ?

Geert