Facebook page

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Thu Nov 8 14:36:35 EST 2012

Il 06/11/2012 23.44, Geert Janssens ha scritto:
> On 06-11-12 17:49, Cristian Marchi wrote:
>> I know, that was my mistake: I didn't check for an existing one when
>> I opened the official page.
> That's ok.
>> I'm already in contac with the manager of the UNofficial page and I'm
>> also an admin for it. That means I can merge the two pages but there
>> are some cons:
>>
>> - all material in the page with less "likes" will be lost (comments,
>> answers, images, news ecc...). Fortunately the likes will not be lost
>> but merged.
> Can part of this info be migrated manually (like the images, missing
> news items) ?
I've already migrated the images and started to post news to both pages.
For past news there is nothing I can do as I can't post them in the past.

>> - the unofficial page has the name "Gnucash" and not "GnuCash" and
>> that is not easy changeable. You need to request a name change to fb
>> but is not sure it will be approved.
>> - same as previous point applies to the facebook page url: the
>> official one is https://www.facebook.com/GnuCash while the unofficial
>> is not so simple.
> The unofficial page has more likes currently. Would that mean that by
> merging the official page will disappear, including its simple url and
> "GnuCash" name ? And the the longer url would remain and the "Gnucash"
> name ?
Yep, that's the problem.

>> At the moment I'm posting the GnuCash news to both pages waiting to
>> merge them (I don't really know what I'm waiting...!)
> How about waiting until the official page has more likes then ? To
> stimulate this, the page info of the unofficial page could explain its
> intention to get merged into the official page eventually and that the
> official page is where to go for news and updates. Wouldn't that
> slowly send more people to the official page instead ?
I also evaluated the possibility to make a post in the unofficial page
asking people to "like" the official page. Problem is that when we had a
talk, the unofficial webpage creator was not completely keen to lose all
the post in his page. I will try to ask again considering also that
latest post from him on the unofficial page is pretty old.

Regards
Cristian