budgeting

Mark Petrofsky mpetrof at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 20 23:39:37 EST 2012

After creating a Budget and looking over the Budget Options I tried to follow the instructions for entering a budget amount but neither method worked for me after 30 minutes or more of trying.

“There are two ways to enter budget values.
The first way is to simply click on the cell and enter an amount.

If you have past transactions recorded in GnuCash, the second way is to let GnuCash estimate the budget values by looking at those transactions. First, select the accounts you want GnuCash to estimate. Then click on the Estimate Toolbar button.”

When I open my budget account it shows a list of accounts and sub-accounts but no place to put in an amount. When I click on an account it opens that account as though it were in the not budgeting part of the software and I’m only able to enter expenses, accruals, etc.

I could not find found an Estimate Toolbar button but without a long history this is no use to me.

Thank you for helping.  Mark