Sort transactions new to old

Chris Lonsberry chris.lonsberry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 07:35:01 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Just getting started with GnuCash (after becoming way too annoyed with Mint
to continue using it). Very happy so far!

I've discovered that the ability to sort new to old rather than old to new
does not currently exist. Is there a way to post a feature request for
GnuCash? I would imagine reverse sorting would be a fairly simple feature
to implement.

Why? If I have a lot of transactions to work through, I prefer to start
with the new ones rather than the old ones, but when working from new to
old the cursor always goes to the next, blank transaction after I finish
with each transaction. That requires me to manually select the previous
transaction. It adds up to a lot of extra clicking or tabbing when you want
to work reverse chronological.

The Enter key is a quick and efficient way to move down the list of
transactions, but I'm not aware of any way to move up the list as
efficiently. So, I suppose a good way to move up would be almost as good as
reverse sorting.

Thanks!

Chris