How do I set opening balance in checking account

denis | dcore denis at dcore.asia
Fri Oct 19 05:36:40 EDT 2012

if you deposit something into the checking account you can pick which
account to credit (if it shows "Imbalance" you can just change this account
to "Opening Balance" which is a preconfigured account in GnuCash as far as
I know).

Even easier:

If you look into the GnuCash help, one of the very first chapters... you
will notice that there is exactly this case as an example with screenshots
and everything that you can follow. In that example it is explained how to
enter your opening balance.

and here is another post explaining this:

http://www.myinvestmentblog.com/getting-started-your-gnucash-checking-account