Inactive AR

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 6 19:35:34 EDT 2012

Terence <winenvine at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello All,
>
> Sometimes I have to make some invoices inactive, but what I have found
> is those inactive invoices still appear in the AR ageing report.
> Is there a way to really delete them?  Thanks.

Inactive means they wont show up in searches.  Once you post it there is
no reason to make it inactive.

If they are POSTED then they are real transactions and will definitely
show up in reports like the Aging report.  To stop that you would need
to unpost the invoice, making it "unreal".

I guess the question is what are you trying to accomplish by making the
invoice "inactive"?  What were you expecting that checkbox to do for
you?