Online price retrieval

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Thu Sep 13 14:41:58 EDT 2012

On 12 September 2012 at 14:38, Robert Harrison said:

> Hi
>
> I am using Windows 7 and I believe I have downloaded and installed
> Activeperl 64 bit version correctly and run the online price retrieval in
> GnuCash 'start'.
>
> I do not know how to check that this is working correctly although I have
> continued into GnuCash, Edit Security and amended information relating to
> a share traded on the London Stock Exchange. Here there seems to be only
> one option pertinent to the LSE i.e. Trustnet, GB. Then into Price Editor,
> Amend as instructed and Get Quotes, giving error box. Changing to Yahoo
> Europe gives second error box, as per examples below:-

It would probably be useful to give us the error message text, as that is
usually the best clue to the nature of the problem.

However, I have no difficulty using Get-Quotes for LSE using Yahoo-Europe
as source (though I am running XP on a 32-bit machine).

Are you giving the correct stock symbol (e.g. BG.L for British Gas)?