Gnucash-savvy tax accountant needed!

Dr. Avery Jenkins alj at docaltmed.com
Wed Apr 3 12:43:20 EDT 2013

On 04/03/2013 10:10 AM, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
> You aren't really explaining the problem.
>
> To what, precisely is this accountant objecting with regard to the
> reports as output by gnucash? They are pretty standard.
>
> This couldn't by any chance be simply that you don't know how to
> provide these reports to your accountant? (don't know how to get the
> reports out of gnucash). I say that because you say "not interested in
> installing gnucash" and having gnucash installed would be necessary
> only to see the reports BEFORE they were exported.
>
> Michael

Thanks for your comments, Michael. We have no trouble in exporting the
reports, both my bookkeeper and I are pretty comfortable with Gnucash,
manipulating the report parameters to get the information we want, and
producing the subsequent reports in the formats needed. Neither of us,
however, are tax accountants. It is an S corp., but a small one, and the
accounting is not complex.

I do not think it is appropriate, on a public list, to go into any
further detail than this; let's just accept that I'm looking for a new
accountant, one that is familiar with Gnucash, inasmuch as the
utilization of a common platform  reduces the complexity of the process.

Avery