Generic Importer Hangs

Charlie Morrison sail43 at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 3 15:38:22 EDT 2013

This is happening to me also, same GnuCash 2.4.12, but on Windows 7
x64.  The ofx/qfx importer stops responding after selecting the file to
import and then GnuCash crashes if you click anywhere in the importer box.

The GnuCash website indicates 2.4.12 has the following bugfix: "Bug
#695423: Fix OFX Commodity Account handling. Patch by Burke." Perhaps
this bugfix broke the ofx/qfx importer??

In any event, "downgrading" back to GnuCash 2.4.11 fixes the hang and
crash with the importer.
Charlie