[OT] Subject needs to have [gnucash-user]

whwtan whwtan at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 4 23:52:39 EDT 2013

Hi Amm,

Welcome to the list. :)

You can easily do this within your own email program to sort out any
mail from the gnucash.org domain.
There are even those programs which allow you to add those [gnucash] tag
in front of your subject line too.
You could even create a new mail address to subscribe to specific
mailing lists.

I am on a number of mailing lists and the ones who add the [mailing list
name] in front of the subject actually frustrate me more since it takes
up the precious space for a subject which I use myself for things such
as [QUESTION] [SOLVED] [MAINT] etc.

So what I really want to convey is that one man's poison is another
man's wine.
It is actually easier for you to filter gnucash lists' mail using
incoming mail address filter than for a person like myself to use a
tokenizer to remove the tag.

If there was ever a vote on whether we should add a tag into the
subject, I would vote against it. I like it just the way it is.

William