is a gnucash API available?

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Thu Apr 4 16:50:15 EDT 2013

Guus Bonnema <gbonnema at xs4all.nl> writes:

> As far as I can see, there is no export that gives me all the data. There is a
> report where I can "cut and paste", but I dont get clean data that way.

Exporting is generally solved -- it's lack of decent importing options
that makes gnucash painful.

To export, use "Ledger CLI".  This tool knows how to read gnucash files,
and format the data in CSV, or however you like, and doesn't require you
to work in some obscure language like python or perl.

It has been mentioned here before.. search for "ledger".