Release 2.4.12

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 07:24:10 EDT 2013

This is getting a bit off topic, so please feel free to move my posts to a
new thread.

John Ralls-2 wrote
> Their F::Q page [1] implies that you need at least 5.12 in order to use
> it, so I guess that you're using ActiveState and that you have an older
> version.

No, I was using 5.14.2. (64 bit).

John Ralls-2 wrote
> If you run install-fq-mods without any perl installed, it installs
> Strawberry for you.

Presumably this is only true under Linux.  Under Windows,
install-fq-mods.cmd from both GC 2.4.11 and 2.4.12 deliver

Nor do I find any indication in the cmd script that it tries to install (any
version of) perl.

John Ralls-2 wrote
> [1] http://code.activestate.com/ppm/Finance-Quote/
> [2] http://search.cpan.org/

Thanks for the very informative references.
I was able to get F::Q 1.18 installed by upgrading ActivePerl to 5.16.3 (64
bit).
This necessitated first not only uninstalling 5.14.2, but also deleting both
the GnuCash and perl64 directories.  Perhaps it would have been enough to
delete perl64.  Since I deleted both at once, I can't say for sure.  IAC,
when I tried to run install-fq-mods.cmd after simply uninstalling and
reinstalling, it complained that it couldn't find perl514.dll.
The bottom line is that I now have F::Q 1.18 working under both GC 2.4.12
and GC 2.4.11.
Thanks for your support!