Release 2.4.12

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Apr 4 18:21:09 EDT 2013

On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:49 PM, rsbrux <rsbrux at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
> Thanks for responding.  Unfortunately, I am a Windows user, and
> gnc-fq-update does not work under Windows.  The link installed by the GC
> 2.4.12 installer in the Windows Start menu installs F::Q 1.17, although F::Q
> 1.18 was released over 6 months ago.  I see that the Windows command script
> behind the link, install-fq-mods.cmd, doesn't refer to a specific F::Q
> version.  Where does it get it from?  If you run gnc-fq-update under Linux,
> do you get F::Q 1.18 or F::Q 1.17?

Oh. Windows. You should have mentioned that up front.

In that case it depends upon what Perl you're using. Strawberry Perl uses CPAN like a normal (i.e. Unix) Perl, but ActiveState have their own packages. Their F::Q page [1] implies that you need at least 5.12 in order to use it, so I guess that you're using ActiveState and that you have an older version.

If you run gnc-fq-update under Unix (OSX, Linux, *BSD, Solaris, etc.) or Strawberry Perl, a program called cpan retrieves, builds, and tests the latest releases of F::Q and all of its dependencies from CPAN [2], a repository for perl addon modules.

If you run install-fq-mods without any perl installed, it installs Strawberry for you.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] http://code.activestate.com/ppm/Finance-Quote/
[2] http://search.cpan.org/