Gnucash 2.5.0 Release

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Wed Apr 10 00:14:36 EDT 2013

On Apr 9, 2013, at 11:07 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2013, at 1:57 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>> Also, the OSX build problem is resolved and the Intel dmg is on SF. The PPC box continues to grind away...
>
> Spoke too soon there. I missed a dependency in the bundle so reports don't display. Finally figured *that* out this afternoon. A replacement dmg is now on SourceForge, so anyone here who is among the 39 people who downloaded the original should download again.
>
> The PPC dmg is also now ready.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

I tried installing the new 2.5.0 from the .dmg. I did the install on a machine that had had 2.4.x on it, but I don't remember doing anything other than maybe launching it once.

The new version notified me that it couldn't find the defaults. When it gave me the second (?) dialog, I selected the option to let gnucash copy the defaults to my home directory. Trying to advance from that point produced an error dialog about there being no update-gnucash-gconf.

If I try to skip setting up defaults, gnucash drops into spinning rainbow pizza of death mode.

Dave
--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com