Gnucash 2.5.0 Release

Tom Lofts dev at loftx.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 04:29:20 EDT 2013

Hi Derek,

On 11/04/13 14:56, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Would you care to donate this as a contribution to the gnucash release,
> perhaps under optional/python-bindings/example_scripts ?

I'd be happy to donate the work I've done so far to the Gnucash project
- under optional/python-bindings/example_scripts sounds ideal.

Just a few points on this:

Will you be integrating this from the github repository, or would you
like me to send you add this to a copy of the SVN trunk and submit it as
a diff? If you have an alternative method for submitting patches please
let me know.

I've made some changes to gnucash_core_c.py and also have some changes
which would be better placed in one of the other python binding files.
Would you be happy for me to provide updated versions of these files as
well?

The API so far is work in progress, so has bits of commented out code,
partially documented functions, bits which don't quite work yet or are
untested - again I'm quite happy to clean these up before submitting the
code for release.

I don't code in python by trade, nor am I familiar with the Gnucash
internals or accounting practices so I can't promise all the code is
perfect, but if you're happy to accept it I'd be very happy to help out!

Kind regards,

Tom