How does AqBanking work (A, U+R, and R)?

Tony O'Grady tony at ogrady.eu
Sun Apr 7 16:20:44 EDT 2013

Dear GNUCash Community,

I have been using AqBanking for 3 months now to download the transactions from my Germany bank accounts. And it works. But it works despite me not really understanding which boxes to tick after the Bayesian engine attempts to categorise the transactions.

I assume that the colour coding (red, orange, green) relate to the level of confidence that applications has that it has matched correctly.

I am unclear of the impact or logic behind the A, U+R, and R (I understand that these letters stand for Add, Add + Reconcile, and Reconcile).

Can someone point me to any documentation for this functionality or explain it to me?

Thanks,

Tony