How does AqBanking work (A, U+R, and R)?

Xaver gc.N5WTV at bertold.net
Tue Apr 9 07:45:20 EDT 2013

Tony,

your question is rather about GC than aqbanking. This dialog is generic for
transaction import of a flat file, regardless where it derives from. BTW,
did you try the [Help] button located in the left bottom corner of the
"Generic import transaction matcher" window ? I think it would  answer your
question to a certain extent ;)

Your assumptions are correct:

A     = add the transaction as new
R+U =  reconcile the transaction with a matching transaction and update the
matched transaction (description field etc.)
R     = Reconcile with a matching transaction

you may watch out for the Info column coloured match indicator bar, in cases
it is not indicating a good match you might  check the proposed matching
transaction(s) by double click on it. From time to time I have to change the
proposed import mode from  R/R+U to A in order to have it imported as new.

The row colour pattern is indicating the import / balance status of each
transaction.

Red: this transaction will not be imported (neither A,R+U nor U is checked)
and it requires your intervention

Green: The transaction will be imported as balanced (You may still review
the evaluated transaction and destination account by double click on the
row. R/R+U checked: shows a rated list of matching transactions, A checked:
opens a window to select the destination account)

Yellow: This transaction will be imported as unbalanced ( in most cases
"new" items not matching any previously processed transaction. You may
double click on the yellow row in order to select the destination account
for a balanced transaction)

I am like you still learning GC. The more I learn, the more I think this is
a real good piece of software.

Since I started to reconcile more frequently my bank accounts (the action
you are asked to do afterwards for an unreconciled bank account each time
you submit "Actions -> Online actions -> Get balance" / "Aktionen->Online
Aktionen->Saldenabfrage") the incidents of false transaction matches are
occurring quite rarely. Not sure about this is related or not.

HTH, Xaver