Selecting which account for import bank statement

Andrew Wasielewski andrew at wasielewski.co.uk
Fri Apr 19 20:07:02 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am just starting to use GnuCash to run the accounts for the RMC which manages the development where we live.  I need to import bank statements for bank transaction reconciliation in .QBO format.  The first time I ran this I got prompted to select which GnuCash account to import into, and the import itself works fine.  However all subsequent times the import is to the same account without giving me the choice, even though I have more than one account of type "Bank".  In production this won't matter as we only have one account, but while I am testing different configurations it will be very useful to be able to choose.

I have looked through on-line documentation and all the config settings I can find, but don't see anything relevant.

Any help much appreciated,
Andrew

PS: Is this list still the best way to post questions?  I can't find a forum anywhere.