Account classification - does it matter?

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Apr 26 00:28:57 EDT 2013

Hello all.

I just wanted to know if the actual account classification is important when
using GNU cash?

Over time I have found the different headings used a bit confusing at times.
As an example the credit card shows a debit red balance when in credit.

I understand this is for a reason but to overcome the confusion between
reading accounts I have changed their classification  to 'bank accounts'.

Credit cards are still listed under the original hierarchy of 'liabilities'
and bank accounts 'current assets'. Question is, before I go too far down
this road will it affect reports or other functionality?

Thanks in advance,

David