Pretty reports

Paula Hendricks paula at ph-webnet.com
Mon Apr 29 16:22:12 EDT 2013

i have struggled with this as well... i find them clunky and ugly, although they do provide the right numbers.

i save them as either html or pdf... and then work from there.... sometimes you can save them as csv, i think.

there is no easy way to set it up and then have it report nicely... or even break between lines when a page breaks... i have learned in some reports how to add footers/ headers and which options are best (these are usually the transaction reports)... but as a book designer, i, too, cringe at the layouts.

all the work arounds take a fair bit of time...

but i do thank the gnu cash crew for doing the basics well -- the numbers crunching! yay! and for being so helpful all the time.

	ph

paula hendricks ~:~ cinnabar bridge communications
writing ~:~ photography ~:~ book design
san francisco ~:~ 415.975.0950